Em 1975, decidiu-se reagrupar o Iron Butterfly. Doug Ingle recusou, Ron Bushy aceitou a oferta juntamente com Erik Brann e com uma nova formação composta Phil "Taylor" Kramer (baixo, ex-Max) e Howard Reitzes (teclados), assinam um contrato com a MCA e lançam "Scorching Beauty". O álbum apresenta um hard progressivo, uma curiosidade do disco é Ron Bushy escreveu com John Anderson em uma turnê com o Yes a letra da música "Pearly Gates"
"Scorching Beauty is the fifth album released by Iron Butterfly. Released four years after their original breakup, it was recorded by a reformed lineup with only one member (Ron Bushy) remaining from their previous album. In addition to Bushy, this lineup includes Erik Brann, Phil Kramer, and Howard Reitzes. The album cover was designed by Ernie Cefalu and illustrated by Drew Struzan. This album, along with Sun and Steel (released later in 1975), failed commercially."
01. 1975 Overture (Iron Butterfly) – 4:17
02. Hard Miseree (Erik Brann) – 3:41
03. High On A Mountain Top (Phil Kramer) – 3:58
04. Am I Down (Erik Brann) – 5:20
05. People Of The World (Erik Brann) – 3:21
06. Searchin' Circles (Erik Brann) – 4:35
07. Pearly Gates (Jon Anderson/Ron Bushy) – 3:25
08. Lonely Hearts (Erik Brann) – 3:11
09. Before You Go (Erik Brann/Howard Reitzes) – 5:32
- Erik Brann - lead guitar, lead vocals
- Howard Reitzes - keyboards, lead vocals on 09
- Phil Kramer - bass, vocals, lead vocals on 03 and 07
- Ron Bushy - drums